Social media and science communication services
Sophia's background in biology and her proven track record of creating unique content for social media, including Parks Canada's account, has refined her skills in simplifying complex scientific concepts and making them easily understandable to the general public.
Through Shade of Biology, she is offering a range of science communication services, from managing your accounts to creating top-quality content for social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Whether you are new to social media and you don't know where to begin or you're already creating content but your staff are bogged down, Sophia may have a solution for you!
Experience that counts
With 9 years of social media management experience under her belt, Sophia has developed a level of social media savvy that is second to none. Sophia knows how to make social media work for you and has diverse experience managing content for the following organizations' social media accounts:
- fRI Research
- Parks Canada (Jasper National Park)
- Jasper Artists Guild
- Hinton Art Club
- Hinton Community Garden
- Dalhousie Outdoors Society
Sophia has experience working with diverse teams of people, from communication and promotion teams to wildlife biologists and wildfire specialists in her role as a Communications Officer at Jasper National Park. Her experiences of working in forest health, biology, species at risk, and wildfire make her an ideal choice for anyone looking for a communicator who truly understands the science and scientists behind the content.
When you work with Sophia, you can have confidence that you are working with a creative professional that is committed to staying up-to-date with social media trends and strategies.
Creating content to fit your needs
Sophia knows how to capture your audience's attention and leave a lasting impression.
Sophia's professional background with the provincial and federal governments, as well as through Shade of Biology, has equipped her with ample experience in creating eye-catching communication products. Her notable works include:
- Summarizing infographics to help general audiences understand scientific research at fRI Research.
- Developing Parks Canada web pages and social media campaigns on a range of topics, such as mountain pine beetle, species at risk, caribou, wildfire, and more.
- Writing the script and working with a team of scientists to create two Parks Insider videos (Caribou Comeback & Caribou at Risk) for caribou consultations.
- Writing engaging e-newsletters for Parks Canada and the Bugs and Diseases Newsletter.
- Creating dynamic videos, including reels, TikToks, and Facebook shorts.
- Writing the scripts and directing two Facebook Live events (#wildliferules & pine in decline) for Parks Canada.
- Overhauling the "Envirokids" workbook for kids, working with a team of forest health experts and artist to make it more interactive and educational.
Sophia's diverse skill set and creativity make her a valuable asset for any organization and she will take your communication products to the next level.
Let's work together
Contact Sophia to see how she can help your organization succeed. Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.